To prepare for a home inspection, it is always advisable for the seller to provide clear access to all of the following:
- Heat Systems
- Garage Walls
- Electrical Panel
- and all other areas that will need to be inspected.
If the house is vacant be sure all utilities are turned on such as:
- Water Heater
- Furnace / Air Conditioning
- Breakers in Electrical panels
- Inform Seller that dishwasher will be run
Other times to inspect your home:
- Have your home pre-inspected prior to selling to reduce the chance of last minute surprises and expenses.
- You have maintenance performed routinely on your car. Why not perform a maintenance inspection on your house every 3 – 5 years? Keep ahead of maintenance problems and head off major expense by having a minor problem repaired before it becomes a major expense.
- If you don’t have a relationship with a home inspector, contact your Realtor for referrals to local home inspectors.